Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Beginning the Idiodyssey

I'm calling this blog the Idiodyssey, because that's what I call my life sometimes. It's idiotic, lots of crazy stuff happens, and if I wrote the whole story of my life down, it would probably be as long as the original version (not the high school lit book version) of the Odyssey. Plus, I'm pretty much blind like Homer. Hopefully, I won't have to battle any sea monsters or be imprisoned by Nymphs, though. That would be too much.

Anyway, the real blogging will begin when the real stuff begins. Maybe when I start packing, maybe when the emotional breakdowns begin, maybe not until we get to Virginia and I realize I don't have a thing else to do. We'll just have to see. For now, I'm going to finish this excruciatingly long week of work, and then do lots of things I have wanted to do for the past 3 and a half years in which I have been imprisoned at a casino every weekend. (Working. Not being one of those crazies with a gambling problem who craps themselves at the slot machine so they don't risk someone taking their seat/machine.) But before I do any of that, I need to seriously get out of bed. It's freaking 12:42 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.