Well, I know I'm a wishy washy woman, but since Matt ended up being gone during fertile time last cycle and now this one, I decided it was time to really step it up and do something more than just hoping for the best next cycle. I had been considering going to a NaPro doctor, but with Matt being gone so much, I'd also thought about going back to the RE to maybe do IUI with frozen sperm if we have to. Well, as much as I like my RE, I just don't think I am up to starting off with injectibles (which is his "first step"), and I'm not sure I can handle my nerves going back to his office, since I haven't been since the day he confirmed my m/c. Plus, I think until I do something to actually correct the problems rather than trying to bypass them, I will be terrified of another m/c. So, I figured I'd give the NaPro doctor a call and see about setting up an appointment. Well, the date they can get me in looks like it will be CD2 or 3, and my insurance will apparently cover anything they do since it won't be in conjunction with IUI or IVF. It also sounds like this doctor will work along with my primary doctors integrative/holistic style better than the RE or OB. So, I feel like this door opened easier than others have, and I hope that's a "sign" that I'm moving in the right direction.
After booking my consultation with the NaPro doctor and talking to my friends about where we hope the military takes us all next, I realized that I really need to be thankful for where I am right now. I know I've mentioned many times that I'm not a fan of California. There is a lot I don't like about it, but the funny thing is that we had a choice, and it was our first choice. And we got just what we wanted, but I've been unhappy here other than having some good friends so near. But very recently I started thinking about how lucky I am that at this part of my life where I am struggling with infertility, I happen to be in a place with some of the best REs in the world. NaPro doctors are not easy to find, but there happens to be a very popular one about an hour from me. As much as I love and miss my home state of MS, I'd be screwed if I were there right now, because there are no REs or NaPro doctors within about 3 hours. I would be extremely surprised if I could find a doctor like my primary doctor there or anywhere near. Maybe it worked out just as it was supposed to that we chose to be here, then we chose to start TTC almost as soon as we got here. Had we not done those things, I bet I'd still be clueless as to what my issues are. I'd like to believe that I am only getting closer to finally getting my take home baby, and if I didn't have the resources that I've found here, I think I'd still have a much longer road ahead of me. So, I'm going to work on being grateful for where I am geographically at this point in my life. Would it be easier if I could just have a baby without all this crap? Yes. But that's not the hand I was dealt, so I'm going to focus on playing the hand I have to the best of my ability. If I don't have what I want, I'll try to be grateful that I have the tools to hopefully get me there eventually.
Yay for finding a great Napro dr nearby. I really do think you are close to your take-home baby, even if you can't always see ti right now. Since your loss you've made dramatic improvements to your health and I know it's going to pay off and I think soon. Something tells me this is totally gonna be your summer! (now if someone can just alert the military...). *hugs*
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful feeling when you realize things arent as bad as they seem. I hope this Napro dr helps you achieve your dream.
ReplyDeleteCA rocks when it comes to finding good medical care. The cost of living is higher, but the resources are a plenty that is for sure!
ReplyDeleteYou will be a pro at Napro since you've already charted and understand your body so well....the dream patient for them. I think they focus heavily on hormone re-balancing as well, so right in line with all you've been looking into lately. I'm excited to hear how it goes and hoping it's exactly what will work for you!
I love how you always see the positive. I also love your plan of going to see a napro doc! I know that feeling of not being ready for certain things- it took me SO LONG to get the injectables stage and even longer to get to the IVF stage. It's better not to rush these things and do what you feel comfortable with!
ReplyDelete