Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Anything you can do, I can do better.

      I have been seriously busting a Bob Villa these days, and I'm pretty proud of myself.  I have no choice but to learn how to do this crap I never wanted to do before, since Matt is never home.  I installed a light fixture, hung a huge mirror, moved furniture, hung curtain rods....sounds like pretty easy stuff, I guess, but throw in the detail that we don't own a ladder and have 9ft ceilings, and it gets pretty hard coming up with ways to get things up this high.
     In other news, it turns out home really IS where the heart is.  I went to MS to visit while Daph was insanely pregnant so I could be there for Kiley's birth, and I really wanted to come "home" to Virginia.  It was really nice to see everyone in MS and I had a good time,  but I didn't feel "at home".  I think home is where Matt is and/or where my "nest" is made.  We got new furniture in this week, and now it feels even more like a home and less like a dorm.  It's nice to have our apartment look like grownups live here.
    I always get bored with myself halfway through these blogs, so I'll end it here so I don't bore anyone else.  Maybe more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.