We can't imagine life without this little man. He is THE sweetest dog ever. Ever. He may also be the gassiest and the slobbery-est, but because he is so cute and sweet, we let those things slide. Oh, and he puts up with all the attitude that this little monster gives him.
I guess that's what dad's are for. So, besides the dogs, I've still been doing my secret Google job and I've FINALLY been working on craft things like sewing and furniture refinishing type things. Matt is almost finished with Communications school and for the next three or so years, we'll be living here:
Not too shabby. Actually, it was our first choice for duty station, so I feel incredibly blessed that God and I were on the same page. I have some great friends there already that I can't wait to see, and I know I'm going to love the weather and the feeling of being near the beach again. I've liked VA, but the traffic is too much, the people are not all that friendly, and the bug situation is similar to that of MS. Oh, and snow is not that cool when you have no back yard and have to put your dogs on leashes and walk them down completely iced over stairs and sidewalk a billion times a day. (Why does Stig need to pee more than any dog that ever lived, btw?) At this point, we aren't sure where we are going to live since the housing office likes to play games with prospective "tenants", but it is not cheap to live in southern CA, so we are having a hard time finding something that meets our needs (or, more honestly, our expectations) off base. It's been a test of my nerves, but its teaching me how to be flexible and not panic if I can't plan everything. If we get there and still don't know where we'll live, we'll stay in a hotel while we house hunt. Used to be my worst nightmare to think about, but I'm honestly not that worried about it if that is what we have to do.
Another exciting development is that Chesney and Dustin will be moving to Yuma, which is only 3 hours from the area we'll be living in CA. That is totally drivable on the regular, and I could not be happier to have my boo within such a short driving distance. Plus, Matt will be happy, because he likes AZ and wants to eat Mexican food there.
The movers will be here in 8 days as of tomorrow, so I need to quit blogging and go to bed, so I can get up at a decent time and get things accomplished tomorrow, since my marine is not at all into preparation nor is he into talking about preparations. Too bad they won't slip a class on that in there. Or a cooking or housework class. Anyway, I have a lot of work ahead of me, and I'll have to post more later. Perhaps on the way to CA when we stop at home for a couple weeks if I don't put myself in a food coma.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.