Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Reiki, a Nice Break, and a New RE!

   I've been enjoying my TTC break so much that I almost forgot about my blog and those that I follow!  I'm surprised that I've been so at peace with this break, and there are times I even wonder if I want children anymore, but I know that it's probably a defense mechanism or uncertainty caused by the less desperate and intense feelings I'm used to - or a combination of the two.  I have even been able to forget what CD I'm on, and even though I'm taking my progesterone and know I'm post O, I don't know exactly how many DPO, which is also kind of nice.  I actually considered cancelling our IUI consult with the new RE because I didn't want it to put me back into frantic TTC mode right now, but we decided to go ahead with it, and I'm glad we did.  I had a great appointment with the RE even though DH couldn't come.  She didn't freak out about my suppressed TSH and even thanked me for telling her about the thyroid med I take, because she was looking for another option for her patients.  She said she was surprised we were having such a hard time based on my issues not being major and having been managed so well for over 6 months now.  She said she was very impressed with how thorough my NaPro doctor has been, and she feels that there is really nothing more I can work on.  She ordered more tests for DH, since his SA results have been kind of up and down.  So, he will be having some bloodwork, a scrotal ultrasound (he's thrilled about this), and a DNA fragmentation test.  The DNA test is probably not going to be covered by our insurance and is about $450, so since we are also anticipating paying out of pocket for some (if not all) of our IUI, we plan to do that test after one IUI attempt.


   So, when your life basically revolves around TTC and the hope of a baby, what do you do on a break?  Well, I got certified in Reiki I and II.  I planned to take Reiki III as well, but with preparing for a move and trying to squeeze in as much time as I can with my friends, I hated to give up another weekend.  Also, DH has been crazy busy with work, so we haven't been able to spend a whole day together in about a month, but things should settle down after April, and we'd like to try to take a trip to San Fransisco before we mosey on over to the east coast for the next 3 years.  Still, I'm sure if I still feel strongly about taking Reiki III, I can do it once we get settled in MD.  

  It feels weird to be planning an upcoming IUI cycle without feeling really emotionally invested, but I'm grateful.  As I approach my 30th birthday (which is also only two months away from our 3 years of TTC mark and the same month that my baby should be turning a year old), I thought I'd be frantic and totally distraught, but I'm glad that I don't feel that way.  Even if it's only temporary.  My heart needed this peace, and I am really going to embrace it and remember to enjoy the things that are important to me that I do have right now.

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about you, wondering how Reiki cert was going, but didn't want to bug. So glad you posted an update and also to hear you're in such a good place emotionally! Love that your RE consult went so well! San Fran sounds like a perfect getaway before moving too. So many positive and exciting things on the horizon for you! yay!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.