Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

A New Focus

  Since deciding to take a break soon, I started looking into Groupons for massage (because I'm too cheap to pay full price for someone I've never used) when I came across one for reiki.  I'd heard of it, but didn't know much about it other than that it was supposedly very relaxing.  I was on the fence about it, but I had a Visa giftcard and decided to go for it.  I am so glad I did!  It reminded me of acupuncture without the needles. Which is great for me since I always hated the needles!  My first two sessions have been so interesting, and the reiki practitioner is also a therapist, so we do a little counseling as well.  She is really helping me work on things including saving some energy for myself and for my future baby rather than being a mother to everyone else like I tend to do.  She also mentioned that she could tell I am intuitive and pick up on other people's emotions and allow them to affect my own to the point that it can be hard for me to discern my own feelings.  She said that learning to do reiki myself could help me to use that intuition and empathy to help others without exhausting myself, and honestly, the idea of actually working toward something that I will actually see results with is really exciting, so I've signed up to get certified!  Time for me to enjoy my life as it is right now and to do something that makes me happy and allows me to help others in a way that is also positive for me.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I know I've told you this before, but I'm so excited you've tried reiki and liked it so much and that is awesome that you are getting certified!! You are going to be awesome at it.*hugs* girl!! I know it's been a hard road, but happy there's some moments of peace in there for you to make it through the hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Becoming certified in reiki will be great for you....right in line with all the other amazing things you can do in a spa. Let us know how it's going with the cert and once you start getting clients. You are making me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.