Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Supplements Save the Day!

  So, we got the results back from our most recent SA from this week, and there was a 40%  increase in motility!  I am so relieved!  DH acted like it was no big deal, of course, but let's be real.  We got just the right numbers to make me feel like IUI is the right direction.  Count did not change, but is still average - not as high as his first SA, but not bad at all.  Motility is now right at normal, so we'll continue supplements in hopes of getting it even higher.  The funny thing is, now I'm scared. I am scared of the possibility that maybe this won't solve our infertility issues.  What if I still don't get pregnant?  For now, I'm going to try to think positively and know that I have plenty more things we can try if this IUI doesn't work, and though the success rates are low for unmedicated IUI, I am trying to remind myself that those statistics include people who have any variety of fertility issues, and we've taken care of all of the ones we know about.  I'm going to do my best to trust my body to do what it's good at (ovulating and making a good lining) and trust my doctor to get the sperm as close to that egg as we can at the right time.  Everything else is out of my hands, and I have to pray to be ok with that.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic news!! You are so right. You've set the stage by taking care of all those other issues, and all you need is for those motile little guys to show that egg what they're made of. So excited for this IUI for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news. Just focus on one step at a time. This is good, so now lets get everything else in order to make this a super successful IUI!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome news!!I have everything crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.