Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Get it Together, Facebook!

Facebook,
  Seriously....Why haven't you given us the option to hide posts with certain keywords?  If that were an option, I'd more successfully avoid the 570 posts per day about pregnancy, ultrasounds, baby names that I had previously planned to use, crack whores who can procreate with ease, and people who are trying to give away their kids.  If I want to avoid this constant reminder of how unfair life is, I would have to hide everyone.  There are actually posts I care to see, so I'd like to not have to stop using you all together.  I'm sure there are people that don't want to see pictures of my dogs, but might give a crap about major events in my life.  Just like I want to hear about my friends' dogs, but I want to rip my computer screen apart when they start documenting every kick their baby makes.  Please get on top of this soon.  It's out of control, and those of us who are struggling and dealing with our own personal grief everyday would appreciate it if you didn't twist the knife.

Thanks,
Farra

3 comments:

  1. This whole infertility journey has changed the way I think so much, even what posts I make on facebook. Now, anytime I post a pic of my hubby and I, I even stop and decide not to post it sometimes, because I know a couple of my friends are single and really wish they could find "the one." I am just more aware of other people's feelings.

    I do, however, think a lot of people would agree with you that the pregnancy posters are a whole other creature! We get it...You're pregnant and the world revolves around YOU YOU YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with being more aware in general. I try to remember that lots of people have lots of issues that they make be sensitive to that I might take for granted (or seem to). You'd think people would get tired of posting about the same thing every single day for 9 months, but they obviously don't....Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with this post. You can tell Facebook that I'm not re-joining until this system goes into effect! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.