WARNING: MEDICAL IMAGES THAT MAY FREAK YOU OUT AHEAD!
I thought these were pretty cool even though they are also pretty disgusting. My doctor took video and pictures of my innards when she did my laparoscopy, and while I kind of want to throw up, I also think it's really cool to see these things in such high quality images, so I thought I'd share a couple of the coolest ones for anyone who may be into stuff like that.
 |
My oddly shaped, inflammed uterus.
|
 |
| Endo that had been lasered away. |
 |
| My gross looking ovary with a corpus luteum cyst. |
 |
| The little cluster of clear dots is endo before being lasered. Had to make this picture bigger so it could even be seen. |
Ouch! My pelvis hurt for nearly 3 weeks after my RE lasered my endo. Everything looks pretty good (in my OR nurse opinion) Looks like you have some inflammation on your right tube and ovary at the moment too. Thankfully the corpus luteum cysts go away fairly easily :) My 4th IUI was canceled because of one of those. It did give me a nice rest for three months before starting IVF though :)
ReplyDeleteI'm now about a week and a half out, and I feel almost 100%, but I didn't have much for her to laser in there, so that's probably why. I actually need to edit my caption, because I didn't mean to say cyst. Just the corpus luteum from ovulation. I think the inflammation in the right tube may be from where she found some minor debris and used a wire thing to clear it out.
DeleteCyst is an ok word to use. It is technically a cyst :). Glad you're feeling good! My pelvis was sore for nearly 3 weeks! I'm glad I had it done though and I hope the clearing out of debris from your tubes is just what you needed! The first time I got pregnant it was all I needed :). The second time notsomuch but the second time has been going much better than the first! I hope the same will go for you!
DeleteWow these are awesome. I must say a real life uterus looks barely anything like the ones in the textbook diagrams. Haha! I had never seen what endo looks like either. Very interesting!
ReplyDeleteEmily...that's burned endo. Before it's been burned it looks like little tiny bruises. My RE described it as chicken pox. It can be bright red little dots everywhere or look like little bruises. I had dark spots all over my ovaries and the backside of my uterus. Her uterus is actually being lifted up in the first picture so you're looking at the back of the uterus and the cul de sac behind the uterus :) I miss the OR at the moment can you tell?
ReplyDeleteGotcha! That makes more sense.
DeleteYep, that's where the endo had been lasered. However, I don't if it was because mine was so minor, but before it was lasered it was like little white dots. I could barely see it. I'll see if I can find a picture where you can see it well, and I'll add it.
ReplyDeleteI see the new pic now, but you are right...can barely see it. So awesome we have the technology to find this stuff! Almost makes me want a lap...and then I remember it costs $12K and my insurance doesn't cover it. Ouch! So glad you had it done though Farrah. That's got to feel good to have a good picture of what's going on!
Delete