Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

No Clever Title Here

   Well, as I complained about in my last post, my first cycle without endo and with progesterone support ended in a BFN.  Or 5.  That's right.  I tested twice on two of the days I tested.  Anyway, the good news is that my first AF since healing from my lap was not bad.  I may have mentioned before that NaPro doctors believe that brown spotting at the end of a period (especially if it lasts more than a day) is a sign of low progesterone or uterine infection.  I've always had it, so I thought it was normal, and I'd be willing to bet it was due to low progesterone.  However, DH and I were put on an antibiotic starting on CD1 this cycle, and this AF there was no brown bleeding AT ALL!   It could be because of the progesterone support or because of the antibiotic, but it was pretty amazing.  I had an appointment with Dr. S yesterday, and she was pleased to hear about the lack of brown spotting, and she said my progesterone was perfect and estradiol was still slightly high but nothing that really concerns her.  She feels that with the endo removed, the uterine inflammation/infection likely taken care of, and the progesterone support, I should be on the same "playing field" as a fertile person.  That sounds great, but the bad part is this:  She feels that if I haven't conceived in two more cycles, it would raise concerns of immune issues, and she'd want me to start Neupogen injections.  I'm excited that she thinks I should get pregnant in the next two cycles, but my history and my fear of hope makes me think that I'll be facing the decision to do the injections or not.  I think she'll continue to treat me and at least let me keep up with the progesterone if I decide against the injections or want to hold off, but I guess I'll have to see how aggressive I want to be (and how much we can afford) when/if the time comes.  In the meantime, I will be starting myo-inositol to help with egg quality in case there is an issue there.

   In other news, Matt and I are going to a marriage retreat this weekend with some of our close friends, and I'm really excited.  Unfortunately, Matt's work doesn't allow us to ever be able to really plan anything, and we found out today that we'll have to miss the first activity due to him having a meeting. Still, I think it will be good, and it is just far enough away to have it feel like a vacation and close enough that we won't have to drive forever to get there.  It doesn't hurt that it's also in a super nice resort that looks like paradise.  Hopefully, I'll have some good pictures I can update with soon!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your marriage retreat!! That sounds like such a great thing to get away and let things be about you and him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your marriage retreat!!! Sounds so refreshing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that things are going well with the spotting and everything and even though I know how disappointing the BFN is, hoping it was last one and that your BFP is just around the corner! You know I'm praying for ya!

    Have an amazing time at your couples retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.