Fellow IF bloggers/readers, I think we FINALLY have our missing If puzzle piece. DH's ultrasound showed that he has a varicocele, a spermatocele, and "multiple small calcifications". From what my former RE said and what I've read, if he has a varicocele, super low motility, and low morph, there's a very good chance he's got high DNA fragmentation, which can contribute to infertility and miscarriage. This makes a LOT of sense to me. I've had two of the doctors that were the most focused on actually finding the problem rather than trying to bypass it tell me that they were honestly surprised that we were having trouble when my issues seemed minor and had been so thoroughly addressed. When progesterone, neupogen, and good thyroid levels didn't save this last pregnancy, I suspected that maybe we were dealing with an unhealthy embryo. DH has a referral to a urologist, so we'll see what he says, but we will continue to take some time off from TTC. DH is taking it well and is open to surgery, although it will be more for his health than fertility since I'm not sure I want to have kids anymore. I know I can always change my mind, but for now, I will focus on being content as we are and enjoying what we DO have.
I'm so glad you're getting some answers finally. Good luck with the urologist! Hopefully the move is a good thing. We will miss you in blog land. :(
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are getting some answers! I hope you continue to blog but understand if you can't.
ReplyDeleteyay for some answers!! I am sorry you wont be blogging but hopefully we can stay in touch! Many good thoughts for this new chapter! I hope it brings much success in all the ways you hope for!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that you have some answers and that hubs is taking it so well. Best of luck on your move. I'll be thinking of you. I'll miss you dearly if you are no longer able to blog, but I understand your reasons. Big hugs to you, friend. xo
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGlad u finally got some answers and best of luck with ur moving.
ReplyDeleteUm yeah, that could definitely be affecting things! Awesome new info to have, especially since it's solveable. Oh man, this is an exciting piece of the puzzle to be found. And in a strange way, I know you don't want hubby to have to deal with "issues" but it's got to be somewhat freeing to know it's not just falling solely on your body. GL with the move. Hope you love your new place!
ReplyDelete