This has been one interesting cycle for me! I used Femara for the first time, and though Dr. S felt that it may not be much help since I regularly ovulate on my own and early enough in my cycle, and my follicles are typically around 23mm, I asked it we could give it a try out of desperation. She was concerned of the possibility that it might cause me not to ovulate at all, but it turned out to be quite the opposite. I went in for a post peak (post ovulation for you non Creighton charters) ultrasound and we found a healthy looking corpus luteum on the right side - and the left! We were both pretty surprised. When I'd gone for my pre peak ultrasound, there had been no follicle activity on the left side. I guess it must have grown pretty quickly in those 3-4 days before ovulation.
Also interesting has been the process of giving myself injections of Neupogen. This was one of my big fears, so I feel pretty damn awesome to have conquered it. I had my friend do my first injection, and the next day, I decided to just suck it up and do it myself. Hopefully, it will eventually become second nature, but for now, it really isn't too bad. Just creeps me out to see the needle in there. The worst part is trying to draw back the plunger to make sure there is no blood. I'm always most nervous at that part. Plus, the plunger is a pain.
I guess with all the progesterone I am probably making from two corpus luteums plus progesterone supplementation, I shouldn't be surprised that I have been feeling so TIRED! It has been bad since about 3dpo. I have had to take a nap everyday, and today, I had to rush home from running errands because I could start to feel the intense sleepiness setting in, and I was afraid if I didn't get home soon, I'd have to sleep it off in my car. I got home, threw myself on the couch, and woke up over 3 hours later. The strangest part is that this intense sleepiness always hits between 2-5pm. Most often it's closer to 2. I wonder what's up with that. I really hope all this serves its purpose soon, because I am never going to accomplish anything in my luteal phases with crazy progesterone sleepiness like this.
I also think my supplements and medicines are getting out of hand. This doesn't include any of my pre peak/ovulation mucus enhancers or femara. (Please excuse the awful, old, chipped counter.)

Yay for two follies this round! Please let this work Lord!
ReplyDeleteGreat news that you've got 2 good ones!! Fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like..... dare I say it?...... that tiredness is always my first sign of..... fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could think that was the cause, but since it started so early, I know it's just progesterone for now. It's nice to have people be hopeful for me, though, so thank you!
DeleteTwo follies yay!! Hoping this works for you.
ReplyDeleteHope this works for you. It's crazy what you can used to...the shots will get easier. Good luck!
ReplyDeletesending you tons of luck and prayers!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://ttcaftertr.blogspot.com/
*hugs* girl! Love ya!
ReplyDelete