I know I've been blogging like crazy lately, so I'll try to make this one not so long, but this blog is more for me than anyone else, so I've got to use it when I feel the need. I am someone who probably looks for signs too much, so if you think things like that are silly, you may not want to read any further.
Today, I was painting my living room, and I started thinking about my baby. I was wishing I knew the sex so I could stop referring to the baby as "him or her" or "it" and also because I just want to know as much as I can about that little person that made me fall in love so fast. Right about that time, the doorbell rang, and my next door neighbor was there with a little gift bag. She and two other girls in my neighborhood know about my miscarriage (living on a military base means news travels fast - good and bad), and she had suffered an ectopic herself, so we talked for a while and it really helped. She said that she just wanted to make sure I knew that she understands that that was a life no matter how short. When she left, I opened the card, which was very sweet and said that they just wanted to let me know that they will remember my baby as my first child and they wanted to give me something to honor him or her. In the bag was this sweet necklace.
I think it's absolutely perfect. The interesting part was the pearl. I don't know if it's just how the necklace came, but it stood out to me, because Pearl was the name we planned to use if the baby was a girl. None of those girls knew that, so I know it wasn't intentional. Makes me wonder if that was my answer as to whether this baby was a boy or a girl. Whether this is a "sign" or an answer to my questions, it was so very sweet of them and makes me feel blessed to have neighbors that care about me even if I am a hermit most of the time.

*tears in my eyes as I ready this* How absolutely perfect! And don't apologize for blogging, do it as much as you need to and I love reading your updates anyways.
ReplyDeleteI really do think it was a message from beyond about your perfect Pearl you'll one day meet in heaven. *hugs*
I also wanted to mention that I am also always looking for signs and symbols and stuff from beyond. :-)
Ooh, I got goosebumps as I read this. I TOTALLY believe in signs like this. What a beautiful gift!
ReplyDeleteWow, I love this post and I love that necklace. I absolutely think this is a sign and I hope you can find a teensy bit more closure from this small sign. I just love that your neighbors took time to do that for you. That means a lot to have someone do something to show they care like that, and it's pretty rare in this world, where most people just don't understand what it's like to lose a pregnancy. Who knows....maybe a new, even deeper friendship could grow out of it too? I just love that you have something to remember your little Pearl by. Very sweet indeed!
ReplyDeleteWhat a thoughtful woman. So nice to have people acknowledge the pain you have endured.
ReplyDelete