Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

What's Behind God's Plan?

    I expected this week to be really difficult, because it would have been the first week back in our house since the D&C, I'd be missing my family again, Matt would be back at work, and I'd be left sitting at home trying to figure out what to do with myself now that TTC and thinking about and researching TTC wouldn't be taking up all my time.  Luckily, I was wrong about this week.  It wasn't easy, but there were plenty of good times.  In fact, I laughed a lot more than I cried this week.  Actually, I think I only cried twice as far as full on cries go.  I will admit that I am kind of a lame friend, though, because I haven't been able to bring myself to go meet my friend's new baby.  And she lives on my street, so it isn't like I can pretend I haven't had time or something.  I am sure she'll understand, but I am just not sure I'm ready.  It was hard to hold those babies I met at home, but I think it eased the blow a little that one had been the result of trying and the other was conceived after a m/c.  I still don't understand completely why God felt their situations were better fit for a baby than mine, but if I baby will change their lives for the better in some way, then I have to be happy God blessed them that way.
 
   I think another part of this week being better than I expected is that I'm so excited for my appointment with my new thyroid doctor.  I can't believe he accepts my insurance, and the reviews I've read just make me pumped about going to the doctor for once.  He prefers to treat most things naturally, and there was even a review from a women who was trying to get pregnant with hypothyroidism that wasn't being managed properly, and she talked about how thorough and caring he was and how he found and treated issues that other doctors had ignored.  I also realized the drive is not quite as far as I thought.  It's only about an hour in regular traffic.  Here's a bonus to the drive, as well.  There is a restaurant only 8 minutes from my doctor's office that I have eaten at once in Houston and fell in love with that I have not had since that time probably 4 years ago.  It's called Freebirds World Burrito, and I'm going to get some!  So, since there are those people who like to say a miscarriage is God's plan, and I always want to ask what good could possibly come from that, here is what I came up with:   God's plan for my miscarriage was to give me a reason to drive an hour to Freebirds.  ;)  It all makes total sense now.  Plan demystified.

5 comments:

  1. Great news about a new doc and so glad you had a good week. I don't think it's God's plan for you to have a miscarriage or to suffer from infertility. My God is not that cruel. I can't believe people say that to you. :( But YAY for finding a new restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah. I don't really think it's God's plan either. To be honest, I am struggling to understand why he seems to intervene sometimes and not others, but that isn't for me (or any of us) to know I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are able to see the silver lining. I believed my mc was part of God's plan because it was the only way for me to get through it. Things will get worse before they get better and you will have good days and you will have the worst of the worst days. I don't think I truly smiled for nearly 3 months after. It took me nearly a year to feel 'normal' again.

    I'm glad to hear that you're doing well! You are still in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better Farra!! Not a day goes by that I don't think about you and I'm excited for your new Thyroid dr, especially since she does holistic stuff before western. Also, YUM to Freebirds!!! Awesome place!! I hope you are having a good weekend and I can't wait to see your dr visit goes. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here we have a Freebirds closeby and have never even tried it! Hey if you ever want to drive to Austin to have some Freebirds you just let me know. We have a spare room ready to go for you!

    Glad you're feeling slightly better and it's getting easier. I know your friend down the street with understand you taking as much time as you need. Until then, I'm glad you are seeing a new dr. with such great reviews. Online reviews say so much about a dr. I think, and that is a really good sign he has experience helping those TTC and also isn't all about just throwing a bunch of Western meds at it. Definitely let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.